Reporting to: Program Manager
Term: Minimum of 3 weeks; maximum of 6 weeks
Volunteer hosts at Naramata Centre support the ongoing operations of the Centre by assisting volunteers to contribute to the Centre through volunteer work.
Volunteer hosts work with staff and volunteers. Participants may be people who have attended the Centre for many years or there for the first time. All are welcomed as volunteers. Volunteer activities can be quite varied.
- Be available for volunteers a minimum of 24 hours per week.
- Be on site in July and August from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm . and 4 pm - 6 pm on Saturdays when participants are being oriented to the site
- In June working with the Site Operations, Program Manager and Office Manager and using the annual maintenance calendar identify potential volunteer activities for each week during the summer.
- Attend and be introduced at the welcome session. Let people know the kinds of work available for that week and ask for volunteers to help
- Respond to questions about the Centre and the village.
Actively recruit volunteers at the beginning of each summer week by being available as people check in
Offer a range of volunteer options which will appeal to the varying skills people bring. Examples may be office work, interior cleaning, beach clean up, gardening, simple repairs to buildings or building something the Centre needs.
Complete volunteer forms
Once volunteers come forward coordinate their activities so that they have the tools and guidance they require to complete the work. Be an ongoing resource to them as they volunteer.
Introduce volunteers to one another helping to build a sense of community and participation
Maintain record of tasks completed
Acknowledge and thank volunteers individually and at any community gatherings
Contact the Centre manager when there are serious concerns or issues regarding volunteer tasks.
Hosts receive a free campsite with 15 amp electricity and water or inside accommodation at reduced cost equivalent to a campsite.
- An open, positive and welcoming personality
- Outgoing and approachable
- Proactive, with an ability to address problems with positive, win-win solutions
- Experience as a volunteer
- Personal knowledge of Naramata Centre
- Willing to be host for a minimum of 3 weeks and a maximum of 6 weeks.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send a cover letter that also includes your preferred weeks to serve as a Volunteer Host.
Indicate any previous history you have with the Centre.