Campground Host Job Description
Campground hosts at Naramata Centre support the ongoing operations of the Centre by assisting staff and volunteers to create a safe, welcoming environment in the campground and at the Centre.
Campground hosts work with staff and volunteers to welcome participants who are staying in the campground. They greet campers, providing information about the week's programs as well as information about the campground itself. Participants may be people who have attended the Centre for many years or there for the first time. All are welcomed.
● Be available for campers a minimum of 24 hours per week.
● Be on site in July and August from 10 a.m. -12 p.m. and 2 - 6 p.m. on Saturdays when participants are checking in and out.
● Be on site in May, June, September and October on days when campers are checking in and out.
● Attend and be introduced at the Sunday evening welcome session.
● Introduce campers to one another.
● Respond to questions about the Centre and the village.
● Monitor the cleanliness of washrooms, replacing toilet paper and paper towels when needed.
● Contact housekeeping when washrooms are in need of cleaning outside of the regular cleaning times.
● Explain to campers the expectations for maintaining the cleanliness of the camp kitchens.
● Monitor and maintain the cleanliness of the Creekside and Southside camp kitchens.
● Empty the camp kitchen fridges of any leftover items on a regular basis.
● Quiet time is 11 p.m. to 7a.m. Hosts address noise issues with participants and ask them to respect the rule.
● Dogs are allowed in certain parts of the campground. Hosts remind campers of the rules associated with having a dog on their site.
● Contact the Centre manager when there are serious concerns or issues in the campground.
● Advise anyone entering the campground who is not staying on site that the Centre property is private and politely ask them to leave.
● Rake and remove debris from sites after people checkout.
Hosts receive a free campsite with 15 amp electricity and water. The designated site is site 19 as it is central in the campground.
● An open and welcoming approach
● A recent criminal record check
● Experience as a volunteer
● Personal knowledge of Naramata Centre
● Willing to be host for a minimum of 3 weeks and a maximum of 6 weeks.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email email@example.com outlining how you qualify for this position, including your experience with Naramata Centre, your volunteer experience, the length of time and when you would be available (e.g., first three weeks in June).
UPDATE - the first 3 weeks in July and in August are now filled.