Reporting to: Program Manager
Term: Minimum of 3 weeks; maximum of 6 weeks
Campground hosts at Naramata Centre support the ongoing operations of the Centre by assisting staff and volunteers to create a safe, welcoming environment for participants in the campground and at the Centre. Participants may have attended the Centre many times or are there for the first time. All are welcomed. Campground hosts support a sense of community within the campground, and provide information about the campground and facilities, the week's programs, and the Centre in general.
· Be available for campers a minimum of 24 hours per week.
· In July and August: Be on site on Saturdays from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. for campers’ check-out at week’s end, and be from 2 - 6 p.m. for campers’ check-in for upcoming week.
· In May, June, September and October: Be on site on days when campers are checking in and out.
· Meet and greet campers, with the goal of having met all of them by end of day Sunday during the summer.
· Orient campers re: fridges, kitchens, bathrooms and garbage.
· Explain to campers the expectations for maintaining the cleanliness of the Creekside and Southside camp kitchens. Monitor and maintain the cleanliness of the kitchens.
· Maintain a set of keys for fridges and freezer.
· Attend and be introduced at the Sunday evening welcome session.
· Help inform campers about events during the week.
· Respond to questions about the Centre and the village.
· Monitor the cleanliness of washrooms, replacing toilet paper and paper towels when needed. Contact housekeeping when washrooms are in need of cleaning outside of the regular cleaning times.
· Remind campers that food items in fridges and freezer will be cleared out on Saturday morning, unless labelled otherwise (i.e. when campers are staying for more than one week).
· Quiet time is 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. Hosts ask participants to respect the rule and, if necessary, address noise issues.
· Dogs are allowed in certain parts of the campground. Hosts remind campers of the rules associated with having a dog on their site.
· Advise anyone entering the campground, who is not staying on site, that the Centre property is private and politely ask them to leave.
· Contact the Centre manager when there are serious concerns or issues in the campground.
· Rake and remove debris from sites after people checkout.
Hosts receive a free campsite with 15 amp electricity and water, during the duration of their term. The designated site is site 19 as it is central in the campground.
- An open, positive and welcoming personality
Outgoing and approachable
Proactive, with an ability to address problems with positive, win-win solutions
A recent criminal record check
Experience as a volunteer
Personal knowledge of Naramata Centre
Willing to be host for a minimum of 3 weeks and a maximum of 6 weeks.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send a cover letter that also includes your preferred weeks to serve as a Campground Host.
Indicate any previous history you have with the Centre.