We are looking forward to seeing you on June 27th (starting at 9am) at the Naramata Centre for the kick-off workshop of our Design Charrette. The charrette will draw upon the wisdom and creativity of our community and supporters to discuss ideas and develop preliminary plans for the future of the Centre.
In preparation for the workshop, our consultants (Modus) have prepared a design brief (Click to download) that summarizes the purpose of the charrette, provides some background information (including maps) and asks you to ponder some key questions for the Centre's future. It is not a prerequisite for attendance, but it would be useful if you could review the material in advance of the workshop.
The agenda for the workshop (from 9 am to noon) is:
1. Welcome and introductions
2. Brief introduction to Naramata Centre, current strategy, the master planning project and charrette
3. Site walk and ideas exchange
4. Coffee break
5. Small group discussions (see 'homework' questions in attached Design Brief)
6. Report back and discussion (in plenary)
7. Close and next steps
Thank you for your on-going interest and support and we will see you next week.
Susan Smith, Managing Director